back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Looking for suggestions on high-quality Analog effects « View previous topic :: View next topic »
Author Message
Raggy
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Looking for suggestions on high-quality Analog effects Reply with quote

Joined: 01 Sep 2005

I'm looking to get some analog effects...reverb, tremolo, chorus....can anyone suggest which brand/model is good?

are there good analog multi-effects available nowadays?, or has everybody gone digital (I already have the PODxt, which I am beginning to hate (!!!) so please don't suggest anything Line6)

I don't want any amp-modelling thing, I just want effects. Quality very important, since my guitar-playing is not good so the sound got to be good Wink

Thanks for any suggestions.
Back to top
dark_tern
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 06 Sep 2005

i suggest Line6 POD XT LIVE.. opsss... hehe..

why u hate line6 bro?
Back to top
kurt_maisu
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 18 Oct 2004

one big question to answer

BOSS could be just perfect, quality enough but some people have thier own taste and likeness..

some like RAT distortion, other maybe MXR distortion and some wacky enough just prefer those marshall overdrive

it's all depending of what type of sounds that u would like to create

my rig is currently free from any BOSS pedal but that's all quality enough!
_________________
my rig 25/7/10-
monsterpiece npn fuzz
proco rat 2
danelectro fab tone
behringer gd121 (mesa mode )
behringer vibrato
ibanez tonelok phaser
line 6 dl4
kaoss pad 2
facebook :- maisuismaisu
chech our myspace site :- myspace.com/bunyibising
Back to top
deadzid
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for suggestions on high-quality Analog effects Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

Raggy wrote:
I'm looking to get some analog effects...reverb, tremolo, chorus....can anyone suggest which brand/model is good?
- i'd like to suggest Digitech Multi-Chorus but i guess that would be too digital for you hehe.. there's one good analog chorus pedal i can suggest you - Electro Harmonix's Small Clone. And for reverb, there's the Holy Grail (riki_rahman use it in his rig, so it's gotta be good! hehe)

(click on the respective pix to downloand samples on ehx site)

are there good analog multi-effects available nowadays?, or has everybody gone digital (I already have the PODxt, which I am beginning to hate (!!!) so please don't suggest anything Line6)
- is there such thing as analog multi-efx? any example?
- i'm still using analog pedals, except for the multi-chorus heheh
- izuan is one step closer to being digital-man, almost, but i managed to save him from being one..hahah (hail! hail! the analog-man <- mcm pernah ku dengar phrase nih, tapi di mana ya?)

_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
Raggy
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 01 Sep 2005

zid : waah, sempat jugak hang promo digitech sikit eh.... Smile
Thanks for the suggestion on Small Clone chorus and the Holy Grail reverb....available in M'sia ?

dark_tern: abt Line6: I wrote about it in another thread (SudutIklaneka, looking for PODxt Live thread). I guess I'm just getting too old and for the type of music I prefer, I want simple but "real" sounds. The processor-heavy sounds of modelling units are begining to sound to fake for me, but I've had my fun with them for some years now and it's time to move on. I used to want to sound like Mark Knopfler for some songs, like Clapton for others, etc etc, now sudah tua and I realize they are them and I am just me, so I want to create my own "Raggy" sound. Or maybe I am just mad, that has always seemed a likely possibility too.

meanwhile, my PODxt is just used as a effects unit/tuner now...I have bypassed all amp-modelling and cabinet/mike simulations.
Back to top
ultraman_cosmo
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Location: Mines resort city

Raggy wrote:
zid :
meanwhile, my PODxt is just used as a effects unit/tuner now...I have bypassed all amp-modelling and cabinet/mike simulations.

Bypass, are mean ur signal still go thru thy pod unit?
Dari pengalaman saya, pod bukannya true bypass, mean output dari pod dah tentu compress wav (tak detail). and pada output 44kH sahaja.

Rasanya lebih baik tak payah melalui pod langsong utk analog punya signal. Lain lah kalo guna looper macam deadzid and pod jadi tuner.
_________________
Maiden, loudness, ACDC, black sabath, deep purple, jimmi and vinnie moore

And Now all jazz.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
deadzid
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

ultraman_cosmo wrote:
Rasanya lebih baik tak payah melalui pod langsong utk analog punya signal. Lain lah kalo guna looper macam deadzid and pod jadi tuner.
heheh sempat gak ko tolong promote looper box aku yea? Laughing

Raggy wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion on Small Clone chorus and the Holy Grail reverb....available in M'sia ?
Nope, but this dude from JB (works in a music store in singapore) can ship it to Malaysia, just bank-in into his Maybank account.. he ships twice a month. Lots of electro-harmonix products to choose from, e-mail him for more details:
ae2fx@yahoo.com or edwinths@yahoo.com
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
ultraman_cosmo
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Location: Mines resort city

VoodooLab

http://www.voodoolab.com/products.htm

http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/Data/Guyatone/MC_3-1.html

Or guyatone flip series
http://www.guyatone.com/flip/vt-x.html

http://www.maxonfx.com/vintage/ad999/
http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/Data/Maxon/AD_999-1.html

Ibanez

Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man

And Analog delay somtime called echo.

Chorus

Jacques MeisterSinger
http://www.ts808.com/

http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/Data/Jacques_Stompboxes/Meistersinger-1.html

Analogman Bi-Chorus

http://www.analogman.com/clone.htm

FULLTONE
Fulltone Supa-Trem

Fulltone Choralflange

or Fulltone Tube Tape Echo [Ne aku serender]
_________________
Maiden, loudness, ACDC, black sabath, deep purple, jimmi and vinnie moore

And Now all jazz.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Raggy
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 01 Sep 2005

ultraman_cosmo wrote:

Bypass, are mean ur signal still go thru thy pod unit?
Dari pengalaman saya, pod bukannya true bypass, mean output dari pod dah tentu compress wav (tak detail). and pada output 44kH sahaja.

yes, you're right, the signal thru the POD still gets processed, tapi for the moment (while I get analog effects) I still got to use it.

hey, the VoodoLab pedals...aku jadi mabuk laut just by looking at the pictures, so many waves `~~~~.....

thanks for the pictures and links. Looks like the good-quality analog effects are really expensive.....oh kenapa aku tak main gitar tong aje.....but maybe slowly slowly save,or quickly quickly play commercial songs in pubs and cari duit...... only problem is, the idiots who listen to the commercial songs don't appreciate quality, janji main Hotel C tiap-tiap malam walaupun sound cepek still everybody happy.

zid: bila bypass looper boleh siap?
Back to top
ultraman_cosmo
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Location: Mines resort city

Antara yang paling aku teringin pasal VoodooLab adalah Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive.

http://www.voodoolab.com/sparkledrive.htm

Apakan daya harga mahal!!! hehhehehehe.
Tapi second brand yang aku banyak research sekarang ialah FULLTONE. Macam FULLTONE si riki tengah jual...hahhahah.
Ada sesiapa yang tau booster pedal yang best?
Oleh kerana harga semua mahal mahal maka aku duk baca jer lah... hehhehe
_________________
Maiden, loudness, ACDC, black sabath, deep purple, jimmi and vinnie moore

And Now all jazz.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
deadzid
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

Raggy: sekarang kan festive season for "mat salleh" kat US sana.. so kedai yg supply 3PDT + enclosure tu tutup until January.. so orders kena hold until next year.

ultraman: mahal yea? apa susah.. go DIY la, bikin sendiri! heeheh
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
wui223
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 05 Sep 2005

deadzid wrote:
Raggy: sekarang kan festive season for "mat salleh" kat US sana.. so kedai yg supply 3PDT + enclosure tu tutup until January.. so orders kena hold until next year.

ultraman: mahal yea? apa susah.. go DIY la, bikin sendiri! heeheh

I agree with u, Deadzid. I encourage local musicians to learn how to DIY the basic equipments we all need. Saving money is not always the main purpose (we can't save money if we DIY only a few effects b'coz the early investment on tools is quite high ). The good thing about DIY is we learn more about how actually the things work.
Back to top
deadzid
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

yup totally agree, although i haven't start any REAL stompbox project (distortion, booster, etc) yet hehe...

wui, i heard u've stopped doing these DIY stuff already? how come??
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
kurt_maisu
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 18 Oct 2004

plenty of efx being displayed but how many of them are available in Malaysia...
_________________
my rig 25/7/10-
monsterpiece npn fuzz
proco rat 2
danelectro fab tone
behringer gd121 (mesa mode )
behringer vibrato
ibanez tonelok phaser
line 6 dl4
kaoss pad 2
facebook :- maisuismaisu
chech our myspace site :- myspace.com/bunyibising
Back to top
deadzid
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

but they can ship WORLDWIDE! heheh
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2  Next Page 1 of 2

Jump to:

You cannot vote in polls in this forum

DAJ Glass template by Dustin Baccetti
EQ graphic based off of a design from www.freeclipart.nu