back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

BEHRINGER B-1 in action!IT IS DA BOMB! « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
yusof
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: BEHRINGER B-1 in action!IT IS DA BOMB! Reply with quote

hello semua audiomidi fans & home recording masters!

untuk merakamkan vocal saya dalam STUDIO BLING BLING a.k.a. bilik tidur saya, I finally found a very narrow cardiod pattern only condenser mic to record with. Reflection daripada dinding dan sebagainya adalah minimal and the quality is definitely not inferior to that of other MORE EXPENSIVE microphones.

ada tak sesiapa di sini yang telah mencuba microphone ini? ataupun microphone with the same price tag? please share with me your experiences.

Last edited by yusof on Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
GryMlock
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good dude. have you tested the C1? thinking of upgrading my mic but don't have much to spend :/
fReqZz
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aha~ price brp huh? i'm looking for one good cheap mic..
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saya beli harga EUR 100 lebih kurang RM 450! kat malaysia tak tahu berapa.

ajeep, what mic you have now and what kind of sound do you prefer the mic to be?
GryMlock
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

usop : I'm currently using just a stage/live performance mic for vocals. apa brand ek.. JV or something. cost around RM140. it's quite okay, If i'm just going to use it myself then I can just settle with this. but ada orang yg bila i record using this mic.. the sound doesn't come out that good. mendak semacam. I noticed that those with deeper voice ..will get better result, but those yang suara nyaring.. it came out pretty bad. my friend suggested to get the C1 series as the next affordable upgrade... but I haven't tested it yet.
any recommendations? the max i can go at the moment is around RM300. I'm looking for a cheap vocal compressor as well. I don't know why.. but I can seem to make the VST compressor work well during vocal recording.
yusof
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey chief!

for mics big producers keep 2 kinds, NEUMANN U-47 (dull, phat sound for hip hop, ROCK, RNB) and AKG C12 (bright, sizzling highs, great for POP)!
nowadays most cheap mics like C1 and Behringer B1 are trying to sound like the legendary NEUMANN U-87 (i hate this mic) but end up sounding in between an AKG C12 for the sizzling highs, most listeners enjoy a bright sounding mic during recording but can also be a drawback as soon as you apply compression, then you need to use a deeser...etc...

so GO GET THE C1, it will sound FANTASTIC! you wont regret it. Also checkout SE Electronics SE 2200A, I used it before and its cheap and a GREAT mic too! I also have the AKG C28 TUBE, small brother from the AKG C12 and the SONTRONICS STC 2. slighlty more expensive and great mics, but I end up using the Behringer B1 more, I love the rough character of it.

compressor? why? what is your settings? threshold, ratio, attack, release.
mic preamp?soundcard i guess?
GryMlock
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the tips man. really appreciate it.

I followed the settings exactly like what i found from a tutorial on the net. i think it was from computermusic.co.uk

I'm in JB right now for the long weekend...and I'm on dial up. I'll post it here once I'm back in KL. pakai dial up ni ada skit malas ah mau browse around. Very Happy

later dude!
Jeff
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

erm, is it a compressor or dynamic mic? i think we all would love to hear some samples of your recording used with that mic...im currently leaning towards some SM57/58s at the moment since they are at the price range you mentioned. Then again, the behringer tube pre-amp im using will probably make everything hiss anyway so maybe i should focus on getting a better preamp!

ajeep, vocal comp ko nak spend berapa? paling murah pun 600 cam tu ah. aku pakai behringer composer pro-xl, its geared more towards vocals tapi it does a good job with guitars, but pretty useless with the bass ..aku rasa it has problems handling low signals or maybe aku tak betul settings lagi kot. It does a pretty decent job for the price range. anak buah aku suke tengok sebab dia cakap 'banyak lampu-lampu'. hehehe
GryMlock
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff, it's a dynamic mic. aku ekceli tanak spend bebanyak sangat on vocal comp. semurah yb boleh with an acceptable quality is definitely the one for me Very Happy

I'll be doing more home recording projects next week onwards. tu yg risau skit kalau tak dapat capture the source elok2.

wei banyak lampu ok gak wei. meriah skit bilik aku haha.
Jeff
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

ye la, it lights up like a frikkin christmas tree. Voc comp 500 tak leh lari a Jeep, tu pun dah behringer. Tengah tunngu that 'reflection filter' yang mamat sorang tu advertise to dampen my room ambience sebelum nak start vocals. Bilik kecik banyak reflection la.
Ridzi
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the Behringer C-1 kicks ass... used them way back in the UK when they first came out in 2004, im getting one soon...so I can capture the richness of my unmusical voice... Laughing

.ridzi
Jeff
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

weit i jsut noticed one thing about your post that i think you should know..

GryMlock wrote:
I don't know why.. but I can seem to make the VST compressor work well during vocal recording.

I had the same problem ...with the varied highs and lows of some the vocals , then trying to compress the signal after its been recorded will mean that your compressing "distorted signals", and no amount of compression is gonna fix that so you can either live with or rerecord it 10 ribu kali until u get it perfect without having it clipp macam gile. With a vocal compressor in teh chain between your vocals and your mixer(or any other recording source), with the rite settings you can sing very very softly like a gay(okta) or jerit macam gile and the sound waves will come out even without any distortion. Im still messing around with proper settings as i still get some pumping with some of the abrupt vocals....Oh well, voc compressior 500 ringgit tu dapat la 500 ringgit punye bunyi. Hope that helps with your decision.
omarjamaludin
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin
Site Admin

hehe okta gay..
silbi
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gay? Tu nyanyi ala2 placebo tu...brian moloko or something ke nama dia...hehe...

'every you every me'

gosh - reading all these - now u guys make me feel like i need to upgrade my cap ayam jalan pasar karaoke microphone! ish.... can get 2 for rm9.90...haha
okta
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

omar and jeff...u girls teaming up eh?girl power eh?

Very Happy

Jump to: