 17 June 06-La Fête de la Musique-still looking 4 musicians « View previous topic :: View next topic »
Author Message
Lord of the Synth
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: 17 June 06-La Fête de la Musique-still looking 4 musicians Reply with quote

Joined: 15 Jul 2005

La Fête de la Musique, World Music Day, first began on 21 June 1982, the day of summer solstice which celebrates the ancient tradition of Saint John’s feast. The immediate success of this spontaneous event can be contributed to the support of professional and amateur musicians. The festival provides an equal opportunity to amateur musicians to perform alongside with the professionals in the streets.

Among the musicians and bands which will be playing during this event are - La Casa, Peter Brown, DJ Gregoire, The Abo Nation, Ian and Tony, Allegro Music School, Jerome Kugan, Sei Hon, Azmyl Yunor and many more!!! They will be performing various genre of music including electro, acoustic, pop, rock, experimental fusion, etc.

Date: 17 June 2006
Time: 11a.m. – 11 p.m.
Venue: 15 Lorong Gurney, Off Jalan Semarak, Kuala Lumpur
Free Adminission

This event is organised by Alliance Française together with Ve Good, Carlsberg and CITROËN
_________________
Music echos in Eternity!

Last edited by Lord of the Synth on Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
deadzid
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

eh? so HELP Institute is no longer involved in this event?
can any random band sign up for street shows like last year?
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
Lord of the Synth
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 15 Jul 2005

Apparently, Help is no longer the organiser and it is now Alliance Francaise.

According to their website - they are currently scouting for musicians. Maybe you guys out there should try out!.

I dont' have their contact but you can visit their website. There is an e-mail link on it or probably or you can try call Alliance Francaise.

I will try call them later too and see what they say.

click here to go to learn more about La Fete de La musique
_________________
Music echos in Eternity!
Back to top
deadzid
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

i've surfed thru HELP Institute's website.. apparently, they still open up registration for bands to play at Fete De La Musique this year! i've already submitted for my band, hope everything will run smoothly as usual..
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
Lord of the Synth
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 15 Jul 2005

Thanks. I went and check it out. Yeap it is the same event so probably I guess HELP is also one of the organizers.

the link to Help's La Fête de la Musique

http://www.help.edu.my/fetedelamusique2006/
_________________
Music echos in Eternity!
Back to top
Lord of the Synth
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 15 Jul 2005

Well, looks like there are two venues

One in KL

Date: 17 June 2006
Time:11a.m. – 11 p.m.
Venue:15 Lorong Gurney, Off Jalan Semarak, Kuala Lumpur
Free Adminission

and one more in Bangsar

Date: 17 June 2006
Time: 5p.m. – 12 a.m.
Venue: Bangsar (same as every other year)
_________________
Music echos in Eternity!
Back to top
deadzid
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

actually last year we played in front of Sg Wang.. the year before we played in front of star hill.. this is the first time they set it in Bangsar, i think..
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
Lord of the Synth
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 15 Jul 2005

sorry Embarassed

oh yeah - is it? i dunno y i have the idea that it was in Bangsar. Should have gotten my facts right first. I hope I didnt confuse anyone.

I missed it last year and going to miss it again this year as I will not be around.

anyway, good luck to you. I hope you will get to play again this year.
_________________
Music echos in Eternity!
Back to top
pikorionexxes
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 22 May 2006
Location: University Of Malaya

Lord of the Synth wrote:
sorry Embarassed

oh yeah - is it? i dunno y i have the idea that it was in Bangsar. Should have gotten my facts right first. I hope I didnt confuse anyone.

I missed it last year and going to miss it again this year as I will not be around.

anyway, good luck to you. I hope you will get to play again this year.

Excuse where is the Bangsar venue?
_________________
Master of Arts (Performing Arts),
BBA (Hons), University of Malaya
T: 60175556815
E: petsproject@gmail.com

My company: www.myspace.com/pentas
Malaysia BMX Band: www.myspace.com/marionexxes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic  Reply to topic Page 1 of 1

Jump to:

You cannot vote in polls in this forum

DAJ Glass template by Dustin Baccetti
EQ graphic based off of a design from www.freeclipart.nu