back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Entombed Desire Cover Song Clip Violent Version « View previous topic :: View next topic »
Author Message
Ridzi
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:31 am    Post subject: Entombed Desire Cover Song Clip Violent Version Reply with quote

Joined: 06 Feb 2004
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Well I ran out of ideas while trying to write something for Net Jam Song 3...So i decided to start work on Deadzid's Entombed Desire cover..hehehe

Setakat ni baru ade guitar 1 layer...ngan clean part...tu je....drum track pun aku buat cincai je so far....

belum ganas lagi hehe....mungkin kena down tune lagi kot??? Muahaha...

Deadzid...amacam??

Visit the Bastard Heavy Tunes site.....

/ridzi

Last edited by Ridzi on Thu May 20, 2004 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
deadzid
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

hehehehee orait... but like you said, kurang ganaszz... aku ingat kau nak pakai low tune! Ini sebijik cam version aku je, tak banyak changes... Tapi sound gitar ni macam sound masa PG session je, kan?

Wei guna la Schecter 7-strings tu, tune low-B ke, low-A ke, baru la berat! And then pakai sound post-PG session mcm Can't Turn ke... Pastu masuk synth, efx, etc... hehehe banyak demand pulak, cam producer lak aku nih!

This song needs your bastard heavy version! hahahahaa...! Thanx for cloning me, man! Can't wait for the final result...
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
Ridzi
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 06 Feb 2004
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

aku tengah belajar lagu ko in standard tuning dulu...pas aku dah pandai nanti akan di down tune la dia...hahaha

Tapi aku rasa ketidakganasan dia tu berpunca sebab gitar track tu satu layer je. Bila dah siap ku record ngan 6 string aku aku akan tambahkan lower chordal voicing dengan 7 string...aku tak suka transpose lagu orang sebenarnya nanti hilang feel dia...aku taknak feel dia hilang...aku cuma nak mengganaskan dia...

Pasal nak buat sound dia macam Cant Turn tu..alamak brader susah sikit la sebab aku pakai laptop ni...soundcard apa jadahnye ntah...lepas tu aku tak ada cable adapters untuk connectkan EQ ngan BBE Sonic Max aku...so I am just trying to get the best that I can at the moment...dont worry...lagu ni akan heavy gila.....

keep watching this space...

Malam ni aku nekad nak siapkan lagu cover ni. Deadzid, lepas clean part tu boleh tak ko bagi tab untuk guitar 1 dan 2?? aku assume ko pakai 2 layer after the clean part

/ridzi
Back to top
Ridzi
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 06 Feb 2004
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Ahah!!! I was listening to the original again... I have just got a new idea too add a bastard heavy fucked up riff... I am going to use the same chord progressions on the first riff, but im going to chop it up into odd groupings hehehehe ...penatla telinga ko nak mendengarnye....

hehehe siap la Deadzid...lagu ko akan disuntut dengan keji secukup-cukupnye..

/ridzi
Back to top
deadzid
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

Nanti aku e-mail kat kau tab lagu tuh... kau nak format GP4 tab ke atau text file? Anyway aku akan send both format laa... Tabs tu aku merge 2 gitar jadi 1, so pepandai kau la seperate kan jadi 2...! Tak banyak beza sangat the chords between both guitars, just a few simple harmonic parts je yg membezakan nye... aku send kat ironfish20@hotmail.com ok?

Tak dapat sound cam Can't Turn pon takpe la, janji kau ganasz kan lagu tuh sesedap rase! Just rape my song like hell, do it again and again, bebehh!! Keji, keji, dan keji lagi....!
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
Ridzi
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 06 Feb 2004
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Bila nak siap?? Aiyohhh....janganla rush2 gua brader...aku nak bagi lagu tu treatment yang terbaik (pada telinga aku la) hehehe... nak masukkan drum roll semua takes time tau!! Smile
.
Aku dah dapat Email ko...thanks bro!! Aku sebenarnya dah agak dah macam tu ko main...cuma aku nak confirm. Anyway aku akan ubah sikit voicings dia...and rhythmically it will sound a bit different. But im trying to preserve the original feel so to speak.

Anyway i must get back to work...

/ridzi
Back to top
deadzid
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

Rileks, slow2... take your time, jgn rushing, nanti lagu jadi tak best! hehehee... yes pelbagai kan lagi stroke dan drum roll yg canggih2! Kasi bergetah!!!

So, get back to work, if there's any updates, i'll listen to it tomorrow! Aku nak balik nih... hehehe (macam boss pulak)!
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
Ridzi
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 06 Feb 2004
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... Twisted Evil Deadzid, you said i could fucking rape your song... and I have been making sweet love to it.... Oh god....im creaming in my pants!!

Entombed Desire - Violence Is The Essence version is up!!

Semalam kan aku ade cakap kat ko aku akan mengganaskan lagu ko? Well, here is what was playing in my head. Pegi Bastard Heavy Tunes page!!!

Aku dah transpose ke 7-String ...the song now is in the key of A

a) Beat dia aku tukar completely...more attention has been given to cymbal work. drum track dia aku masih ubah2 dan masih lagi dalam development....

b) I spent some time tweaking the guitar sound so it sounds HUGE

c) aku record chord progression yang senang2 dulu...hehehe...besok aku nak start record riff2 yang lain2 tu. Hopefully bila dah record semua riff dia aku akan susun balik seperti the original.

d) Aku rasa kalau kita taruk shred guitar on some parts fuiiiyooooo mesti lagi besttttt!! Bode WHERE ARE YOU???????

Who said the POD lacks balls??? Razz

ENJOY!!!! (bebaik headbanging tu ok??) Laughing
Back to top
deadzid
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

har har har hari ini dalam sejarah... totally different than my version! You sure did bastardized the song like hell... tempo ada laju sikit, riffing beat pon dah lain macam... at first, aku rasa macam "Well? That's it? Is that all you've got?!"... but then i realized that this shit ain't finished yet! hahahahaa.. well it's ok, so far so good. After that clean part, chord pon ada tukar ka? Sounds like KJAM song 1!

Anyway, keep up the good work! Update me any new progress... hehehee... C-ya!
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
Ridzi
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deadzid wrote:
har har har hari ini dalam sejarah... totally different than my version! You sure did bastardized the song like hell... tempo ada laju sikit, riffing beat pon dah lain macam... at first, aku rasa macam "Well? That's it? Is that all you've got?!"... but then i realized that this shit ain't finished yet! hahahahaa.. well it's ok, so far so good. After that clean part, chord pon ada tukar ka? Sounds like KJAM song 1!

Anyway, keep up the good work! Update me any new progress... hehehee... C-ya!

Taklah...manader aku tukar.....cuma sebab aku main ngan 7 string jadi voicing dia jadi lain sikit... aku terpaksa seperatekan guitar jadi tiga layer untuk chorus tu.....

Tapi bunyi dia Swedish gila la chorus dia...tu yang aku syok tu...ahahahaha...Deadzid...ko ngan aku heii memang boleh berganding bahu la kalau nak tulis lagu2 yang bergetah ni.... Gitar aku bunyi best gila babi plak malam tadi....mashukk aje bila aku main!! akakakaka...

BTW what do you think of the guitar tone??

/ridzi
Back to top
omarjamaludin
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: 18 Feb 2004
Location: Tmn Melawati

ridzi: apa POD sertting kau utk lagu tu?
_________________
my photoblog - http://sigemok.blogspot.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ridzi
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 06 Feb 2004
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Aku buat 4 take... 2 kiri ....2 kanan

Guitar Left
Layer 1
British High Gain with Schecter 7 String using Bridge Pickup
Bass - 3 o'clock
Mid - 1 o'clock
Treb - 2 o'clock (No Cab Sim)
Layer 2
British High Gain with Schecter 7 String using Neck Pickup
Bass - 3 o'clock
Mid - 1 o'clock
Treb - 2 o'clock (Line 6 4x12 Cab Sim)

Guitar Right
Layer 1
Modern High Gain with Schecter using Bridge Pickup
Bass - 3 o'clock
Mid - 11 o'clock
Treb - 2 o'clock (No Cab Sim)

Layer 2
Modern High Gain with Schecter using Neck Pickup
Bass - 3 o'clock
Mid - 11 o'clock
Treb - 2 o'clock (Marshall 70's cab Sim)

Both first Layers of each side were treated with the Warp VST cabinet Simulation and balanced to get that fat chunky sound

For the Clean Parts - I used Line 6 Clean setting..cant remember the cab sim...I just dialled something that sounded good on the EQ.

for the 'bass' part on the clean section I used Tube Pre-amp with no cab sim...with a tiny bit of compression.

The phaser efx on the second part was actually applied using Cubase.
Back to top
deadzid
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

wow, you mean for that ryhthm guitar parts je kau record sampai 4 kali? but it sounds so perfect (the timing)... this is wayyy too cool, man! No wonder la sound gitar lagu2 kau semua bergetahh! Padat dan penuh bastard!

Next recording session, aku nak try la approach kau nih, macam menarik je! By the way, aku tak geti sangat pasal tone nih, but i like what i've heard so far! hehehe... good job!
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
omarjamaludin
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: 18 Feb 2004
Location: Tmn Melawati

i noticed that left guitar's mid was set lower compared to right..any reasons for this?
_________________
my photoblog - http://sigemok.blogspot.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
GryMlock
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 24 Nov 2003
Location: Agombak Ago go!

aku suka la nengok orang post siap setting2 bagi sekali. walaupun aku takleh try.. but I know if I'm a guitarist.. sure aku capai guitar and try it out. Smile
[ Kluk Kluk Adventure ] | [ Call the Paramedics ] | [ Dot ] | [ AJEEPEK ]
Back to top
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2  Next Page 1 of 2

Jump to:

You cannot vote in polls in this forum

DAJ Glass template by Dustin Baccetti
EQ graphic based off of a design from www.freeclipart.nu