back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Giggers Open-Mike Now and Forever... « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
totziens
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Giggers Open-Mike Now and Forever... Reply with quote

Giggers Open-Mike Nights:

This is not a regular gig. This is your gig!! Yes, you can perform!!

Giggers at Old Klang Road (opposite Pearl Point Hotel, at the ground floor of Paul's Place) will be having an open-mike sessions every Friday - Sunday night from 8pm till 12am. You may call 016-2796783 (Siang) to confirm.

Anyone can play/sing there. You don't have to have a band. You don't have to be a prefessional singer/musician. You can play musical instrument without singing or sing without playing musical instrument too. As long as you have the guts, you can be on the stage. This is a acoustic version of karaoke without cover version and caters for those playing musical instruments as well. You may sing modern rock, alternative-country, folk, punk, funk, blues, grunge, alternative-pop, etc. As long as you're not singing commercial "jiwang" pop, you're welcome. However, we would appreciate it if you sing original songs instead of cover versions.

If you're good, there will be a spy at Giggers that is likely to invite you to be a guest at the Rock It Her Way radio show at Traxx FM. If you're not good enough, it's a location for you to practice and improve. You'll never know who will come across you and decide offer you a deal.

No, it's not free but we'll keep the price as low as RM5 per person (depending on the food you select) and it comes with food and drinks. I am sure that other places will charge you double or triple the price we offer.

Cheers and rock on!!
GryMlock
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool! I'll have this info sticky on the front page.
Siang.. giggers ada official logo ke artwork ke? kalau ada pass it to me boleh?

admin@i-bands.net
theFlyingElk
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acoustic as in there will not be any amps on the stage?
OneMB
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

akhirnya benda idaman macam ni muncul juga Very Happy
HuntressM00n
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

OneMb: dah lama muncul la... since last year.

one question.. have paul made the efforts on the permit and the lesen semua tuh? that is really important.. u can have a hundred gigs there but crowd are still afraid to come unless they can have the assurance that it has license and permit.......

the last gig i heard got no permit....
totziens
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irene, thanks for triggering me to dig for more information regarding the permits.

Yes, Tasha is in charge of obtaining permits for the gigs. All the upcoming gigs in Paul's Place should have permits. In fact, the organiser should push for it. I am sure that Tasha will be willing to help.

The acoustic set at the cafe doesn't need a permit. Tasha was trying to obtain it but she was told that if no ticket was sold and if we were merely selling food, no permit is needed. In fact, this is what we are doing - in order to be in the cafe, you need to purchase a meal and you'll be allowed to play music/sing if you have the guts.

The following section is for general public...it's not meant to shoot the wonderful Irene who has been helping me:

The intention for the cafe is to provide a training ground for any upcoming band/artiste. It is also a place for any artistes to promote themselves. The concept is like karaoke. Of course, established bands are also welcome. There is no restriction of who can play or who cannot play - we are not as fussy as any other venues.

I know that a lot of people do not understand the concept of our cafe. I have received criticism from certain parties. Personally, I think this is up to individual's perception - if you're good enough, this may not be the right place for you...you should try Planet Hollywood, Hard Rock Cafe, No Black Tie, etc.
HuntressM00n
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

totziens wrote:
Irene, thanks for triggering me to dig for more information regarding the permits.

Yes, Tasha is in charge of obtaining permits for the gigs. All the upcoming gigs in Paul's Place should have permits. In fact, the organiser should push for it. I am sure that Tasha will be willing to help.

The acoustic set at the cafe doesn't need a permit. Tasha was trying to obtain it but she was told that if no ticket was sold and if we were merely selling food, no permit is needed. In fact, this is what we are doing - in order to be in the cafe, you need to purchase a meal and you'll be allowed to play music/sing if you have the guts.

The following section is for general public...it's not meant to shoot the wonderful Irene who has been helping me:

The intention for the cafe is to provide a training ground for any upcoming band/artiste. It is also a place for any artistes to promote themselves. The concept is like karaoke. Of course, established bands are also welcome. There is no restriction of who can play or who cannot play - we are not as fussy as any other venues.

I know that a lot of people do not understand the concept of our cafe. I have received criticism from certain parties. Personally, I think this is up to individual's perception - if you're good enough, this may not be the right place for you...you should try Planet Hollywood, Hard Rock Cafe, No Black Tie, etc.

i have to intention to tembak u la siang..... instead of me private messaging you.. but i feel to put this up on public forum because this is to let people know, that paul's place is safe.

this is just basic information that gig organisers, bands and gig-goers should understand.. and i thank you so much for the aboev information...

tabik
OneMB
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HuntressM00n wrote:

OneMb: dah lama muncul la... since last year.

oh, aku baru je tau, maklum la duduk luar kl
it's all good Smile
thank you for sharing information totziens
totziens
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irene, no worries. I know you didn't tembak me. That's the reason I stated that it's not meant for you but for the public.

Just a coincident that I felt offended at another place by another person. So I decided to explain everything.

OneMB, you're welcome.

FlyingElk, yes, there is an amp. In fact you can still plug in your acoustic guitar and bass. I believe the amp has more than 1 input - I need to double check exactly how many are there though.
totziens
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, Nice Stupid Playground has approached me indicating that they're interested to play acoustic set at Giggers on 1st or 3rd Sept. However it is not confirmed yet.

I am really touched that such a wonderful indie band coming all the way from Sarawak is being so supportive. I have no regret for being their fan since the 90s.

Long Live NICE STUPID PLAYGROUND!!

I may start to invite some bands to play along with them once it is confirmed. Pls let me know if you're interested. You don't have to be a "superstar" to join. I may approach some of you with the right attitude and those who have been supportive of the crazy things I did to join in the fun.
totziens
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been informed that Giggers open mike should be ready to go on 26 Aug 2006. Renovation should be done by then.

Jump to: