back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Harga CD import... « View previous topic :: View next topic »
Author Message
deadzid
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Harga CD import... Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

last saturday, aku gi Campbell Complex kat jln Dang Wangi.. aku singgah la kedai auntie kat level 1 tuh... tgh usya2, ada pulak jumpa satu section cd tu jual murah: RM19.90 / per piece!

aku pun tanya la auntie tu, dia kata mmg tu harga yg datang dari company yg import cd ni (AsiaLink Trading Sdn Bhd).. tapi most kedai2 music akan tanggal sticker harga tu dan tampal harga yg lebih mahal (RM29.90 - RM39.90).. and then kalau customer komplen harga mahal, tokey kedai akan offer cd-r version dgn harga RM19.90!! so damn dirty rip-off scam!!

anyway, antara kedai2 celaka yg buat camtu ialah Acoustic (Pertama Complex), kedai music kat tingkat 2 Plaza Alam Sentral, and a few more aku tak ingat kat mana.. dah le jual mahal, siap offer burn-CD lagi..

btw, aku rasa AsiaLink ni bukan la official distributor utk album2 nih, coz kat album cover tu pun takde print mana2 company malaysia yg keluarkan (eg; VSP, NSR, etc).. dan takde sticker KDN (hmm musykil nih).. tapi at least ade jugak la print lyrics, gambar, etc.. maybe tak sama dgn original version but for RM19.90 i think it's worth it. cd inlay dia just simple 3-fold paper with quality printing...

aku beli 2 cd ari tu: In Flames "Come Clarity" dgn Trivium "Ascendancy".. tapi kedai auntie tu biasa la, bawak masuk cd metal banyak.. kalau band2 mcm "Kluk apa" tu tak sure la heheh.. gi la tgk mana tau kot ada ke?
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
GryMlock
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 24 Nov 2003
Location: Agombak Ago go!

zid aku rasa yg 19.90 tu parallel import kot. or could be cetak rompak. kedai auntie eh? nanti aku pi nengok.

yg offer CD-R tu kedai auntie jugak ke? aku ada dengar citer kedai auntie ni even piratekan CD band2 indies! itu hari sapa citer ek? kat forum sini ke kat mana tah aku pun lupa.
_________________
[ Kluk Kluk Adventure ] | [ Call the Paramedics ] | [ Dot ] | [ AJEEPEK ]
Back to top
deadzid
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

tak.. yg offer CD-R tu kedai yg kat Pertama Complex tu (cawangan dia kat Alam Sentral).. aku tak sure la kedai auntie ni ade rip-off cd band indies ke tak, tapi bebudak kalau bikin demo mesti hantar kat kedai dia mintak tolong jual.. demo cd Aman (Symphonia Melonia) pon ada hehe..

tapi dulu aku pernah beli tape dubbing band international kat kedai auntie ni (pasal album tu takde format kaset.. ) dia jual RM10 (including kaset 60 minits..)

tadi aku gi ngulor kejap (sementara nak bayar bil).. gi kompleks PKNS (nak carik kaset band2 rock lama).. skali terjumpa lak cd "Kluk apa" tu... heheh dah sampai Shah Alam siot!
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
GryMlock
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 24 Nov 2003
Location: Agombak Ago go!

haha wow ada kemajuan. jauh gak berjalan cd tu. baru la adventure! cheh.

zid, member aku kot yg citer pasal kedai auntie ada piratekan cd bebudak indies. aku tak pernah check lagi ah.
_________________
[ Kluk Kluk Adventure ] | [ Call the Paramedics ] | [ Dot ] | [ AJEEPEK ]
Back to top
ammirhafzan
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Location: International Hill KL

Regarding Auntie & Acoustic (pertama), memang ada jual CDR version of "imported album". Btw, aku beli CD Klux2 tu kat kedai Auntie lah Ajeep..ok tuleeen. So far, takdelah lagi aku tgk album2 local indie yg diaorang jual copy sendiri punya. tapi album luar banyak. Siap CDR tu cap imation, then tampal satu stiker nama album aje. Harga ...RM15.00-19.00. Aku pernah try test kt kedai2 tu CDR version album, tapi tak puas. Ayat-ayat dia biasanya macam ni " Lu kalau tak mampu beli ori punya, beli master copy, quality lebih kurang aje, kalau mau ori kena order dulu..ratus2...".

Apasal lah kedai2 muzik ni beralih arah dok jual baju2 lak..teruk sangat ke jual album ni?
_________________
Axes --> Washburn Dime, Ibanez SZ520, Ibanez RG470, Squier Strat
Shields --> Line 6 PODxt Live, DS-1, Digitech Death Metal, DD-3, GE-7, Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon
Armory --> Randall RG100SC, Peavey Shefield 100wt, Marshal valvestae 80.
Misc --> Ritter guitar bag, Gator soft case for mfx
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cklife
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 17 Mar 2004

I also bought the AsiaLink cds... comes with RIM sticker somemore..hehee
I think it's pirated man..

alar.. people nowaday kena cari makan... susah betul lar kalau kita nak beli original CD yang import harga 60rm... tak sampai hati nak keluar duit... siap gaji pun tak banyak..

zid. Aku pun beli Trivium punya... printing tak clear sangat lar.
Back to top
deadzid
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

hmm pirated? kalau pirated, how come dia berani letak address company kat sticker belakang cd tu? alamat kat Phileo Damansara lagi tuh.. fuiyoo...

aku tak kisah la cd tu pirate ke, ori ke, tapi yg celaka tu, kedai mcm Acoustic take advantage jual dgn harga lebih mahal! Twice the actual retail price.. then jual cd-r version for RM20??! WTF?!

come to think of it, actually the printing is not bad lar, compare to those RM5 pirated audio cd's... and it's not just 2-fold paper (it's 3!! yay! hehe).. but i think the original booklet would be more than just a 3-fold paper..

wow ck.. you dgr Trivium jugak ke? hehe..
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
yusof
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 14 Mar 2006

sticker RIM pun ada PIRATE punya? macam macam nie!
Back to top
cklife
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 17 Mar 2004

tu ar... ada RIM sticker lagi...
you know ar.. if you're a registered company.. when you're producing an independent artist.. you can buy RIM sticker without going through screening for your album.... it's just buying the stickers...so maybe they take advantage of this lar.

Zid... Trivium... gilababas siut...Pull Harder..Strings Marthyr...wooo,... macam release tension je..hehehhehe
Back to top
GryMlock
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 24 Nov 2003
Location: Agombak Ago go!

it's the same case as KPDN stickers. the company registers for different releases but stick em onto different releases. that's why u sometimes u see the stickers on pirated cds.
_________________
[ Kluk Kluk Adventure ] | [ Call the Paramedics ] | [ Dot ] | [ AJEEPEK ]
Back to top
totziens
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 27 Feb 2005
Location: Petaling Kurang Berjaya

I had been thinking of ripping off the stupid silver stickers from my original CDs and paste them on my Come Together compilation in the past out of anger.

Actually, I am very angry with the stupid dumb stickers that cause all the shops to refuse to accept DIY independent music CDs. They treat poor independent bands like pirates these days.

I think the authority is just trying to make money out of the artistes with the concept similar to "buying stamps to sell your product".

I doubt the sticker has any function at all. It does not even serve the purpose of preventing the actual piracy.

I hate the dumb f**k stickers and I will hate them for the rest of my life.

In other word, I think the way the authority tries to get rid of piracy in this country will never work. They're too stupid to make it work. The piracy issue is sometimes hot and sometimes it's cold - they are not consistent. With an attitude like this, piracy can always say, "I will be back" just like Arnold Swarzeneggar used to say....
Back to top
GryMlock
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 24 Nov 2003
Location: Agombak Ago go!

actually the stickers helps to identify which companies registered what releases. offcourse the enforcement officers cannot go around and check every single CDs every day. they act based on complains and reports. if let say Kedai A was reported to carry pirated CDs, they'll definitely go and check it out. if there's a KPDN stickers on those CDs, they can identify siapa yg registered for that stickers and will go after that company. it's better than not having anything at all. That's the purpose of those stickers. The effectiveness of those stickers in preventing piracy may not be that significant to us but it helps the enforcement officers to do their work.

but no doubt that at the same time, the stickers is a hurdle to us indies if we want to put our CDs in music outlets.
_________________
[ Kluk Kluk Adventure ] | [ Call the Paramedics ] | [ Dot ] | [ AJEEPEK ]
Back to top
totziens
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deadzid wrote:
hmm pirated? kalau pirated, how come dia berani letak address company kat sticker belakang cd tu? alamat kat Phileo Damansara lagi tuh.. fuiyoo...

Actually, in the 80s all the pirate cassettes have addresses too. Being a moron that could not differentiate original and pirate when I was 13-14 years old. I even wrote to them to suggest what songs they should place in the compilation. I still remember the name of the pirate company - Music City or Musicity. Smile I believe the addresses are all fake addresses - the address may turn out to be Hilton Hotel, a coffee shop, an abandoned house or even invalid address (a house number that does not exist at a road or a road that does not even exist).
Back to top
totziens
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GryMlock wrote:
if there's a KPDN stickers on those CDs, they can identify siapa yg registered for that stickers and will go after that company.

Hmm...that will make my concept of re-using the sticker works. If anything goes wrong, they will go after the company that register it - they won't look for me...hehehe
Back to top
GryMlock
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 24 Nov 2003
Location: Agombak Ago go!

why don't you just purchase the stickers?

btw the guys are not stupid. kalau u letak stickers "palsu" and jual kat kedai. don't you think they're going to ask the outlets sapa distributor?

i too have my doubts bout those stickers. but do any of us here have better ideas on how to do it? what about Halal logo? what about road tax? what about the recent 50 cents & 1 SG Dollar coins? no matter how we device it, there'll be always a way to "get around" it. but let's not make it too easy for them lah.

the thing is, don't make this as an obstacle. we indies are more creative (due to our freedoom in musical creation and expression :p). Those stickers are needed if you want to put your CDs on display in business outlets/premieses. but undergrounders have their own network and as far as i can remember, we never need those stickers to sell our cds.

and remember.. we are indies.. we loose money! Laughing
[ Kluk Kluk Adventure ] | [ Call the Paramedics ] | [ Dot ] | [ AJEEPEK ]
Back to top
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next Page 1 of 3

Jump to:

You cannot vote in polls in this forum

DAJ Glass template by Dustin Baccetti
EQ graphic based off of a design from www.freeclipart.nu