back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Remembering Jack Nathan, 1965-2006 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
kalium
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Remembering Jack Nathan, 1965-2006 Reply with quote

Free Gig. Click here to get on guest list.

Venue

GryMlock
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me, synthdude and amir are going to this one.
anybody else here going? just click on the link provided above.
kalium
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got you & the guys in the guest book, Ajeep.

Guys...by posting the flyer....I mean everyone from i-Bands is invited.
You just have to RSVP at www.360dhr.com
kalium
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

synthdude
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey i-banders, haul your asses over to this event! It's gonna be a terrific tribute to a fabulous musician I knew as a kid who loved music to death. See ya there!
kalium
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings and salutations,

Just a reminder and update for Jack's tribute. Most of this will be at http://www.360dhr.com

People have been asking who's taking over lead guitar duties now Jack's left to form a super group with Jairus Anthony, Jaco Pastorius, Jimi Hendrix and John Bonham (there's hell of a lot of J's in this group). It was extremely difficult for me to visualize performing as 360 without Jack. After several discussions, we came to the decision that we have to play the tribute to honor his memory and all the work he's put into the band. We've also decided that we're going to be heading back into the studio after all this to finish this album, our own tribute to Jack.

360° Head Rotation's lead guitar hat will be worn by Julian Mokhtar for this tribute. Julian's an old buddy of Jack and mine. He's a respected professional blues/rock/punk guitarist and is a member of seminal Blues Malaysiana band, The Blues Gang. He's also been in several other bands, notably Dos Flers and the Corn Cake Kings. In addition to his bitchin' guitar playin and flair for band name selection, Julian's also a practicing luthier (dude makes/fixes guitars).

We are pleased and honored to be sharing the stage with some of the finest musicians in the country who've come together to honor and pay tribute to Jack. We'll be playing back to back with the Country Hearts, Jack's former band and my fishing kakis in the learly/mid 1990s. I used to jam with them when Jack was in the band. I haven't seen them perform in over a decade and certainly look forward to sharing the stage with them.

I look forward to seeing you all at the gig.

UPDATES

Date: Sunday 26 Nov 2006

Time: 1pm sharp for the opening ceremony - a candle will be lit for Jack by his father.

Venue:

One Cafe, No 1, Jalan Hang Lekiu

Spotting the venue is rather tricky. It's really big but when you're at street level, the sign is hidden by buses. Coming FROM Pudu Raya (Maybank will be on your right, Sinar Kota to your left) roundabout on Jalan Tun Perak keep to your left. Immediately next/attached to the Sinar Kota building is the Mydin department store. As you get to Mydin dept store, you'll see a SMALL slip road to your left. Take it. It's a TINY road and it will be OBSCURED by buses, so drive SLOW and keep your eyes peeled. If you've taken the correct road, One Cafe will be to your right, Mydin will be to your left. One Cafe is in the former ORIENTAL BANK BUILDING

Better Detailed Map: http://www.360dhr.com/venuemaps/OneCafe.jpg

Parking

In the building itself. There's above and underground parking. Which ever you select, you'll have to take an elevator to the ground floor, then go to the Cafe (different enterance) and walk up 2 flights of stairs. Alternatively you could find a nice spot on one of the nearby streets.

Unloading: If you're bringing stuff to unload. I'd recommend you unload before parking. Do that on the street by the side of the cafe.

Line up changes:

There's been a line up change. Psychedelic rockers Auburn unfortunately couldn't make it, in their place KL Seattle Sound outfit Stonebay will open the tribute.

Country band Os Pombos shall be performing joined by Errol de Cruz.

Also Streetlights are reunited and will be playing at MIDNIGHT!

Each band plays for 20 minutes. In the 10 minute change over, we'll be having people reading poetry, eulogies, a capella, and salmon juggling.

Time Event
1:00 PM Opening Ceremony
1:20 PM
1:30 PM Stonebay
1:50 PM
2:00 PM Brown Sugar
2:20 PM
2:30 PM Sick Society
2:50 PM
3:00 PM Frequency Cannon
3:20 PM
3:30 PM furniture
3:50 PM
4:00 PM Ben's Bitches
4:20 PM
4:30 PM Azmyl Yunor & The Sigarets
4:50 PM
5:00 PM Soft Touch
5:20 PM
5:30 PM Triple Six Poser
5:50 PM
6:00 PM Os Pombos & Errol de Cruz
6:20 PM
6:30 PM Ismail
6:50 PM
7:00 PM 3 Corner Stones
7:20 PM
7:30 PM Small Stones
7:50 PM
8:00 PM Colin & Mizan
8:20 PM
8:30 PM 360° Head Rotation
8:50 PM
9:00 PM Country Hearts
9:20 PM
9:30 PM Albert, Vijay & Bada
9:50 PM
10:00 PM Big Game
10:20 PM
10:30 PM PhD
10:50 PM
11:00 PM Tempered Mental
11:20 PM
11:30 PM Fiesta
11:50 PM
12:00 AM Streetlights
12:20 AM
12:30 AM Purple Haze
12:50 AM
1:00 AM Close
totziens
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rafil, don't forget to organise one such cool tribute to me when I die...or else I will haunt you by turning on the radio with Bauhaus' Hollow Hills every night....hahaha

It's a nice tribute with a mixture of all kinds of bands...I kinda enjoy the country band, Os Pombos. I heard about them ages ago but I did not bother because I hated country music during those days.

I also love the set done by Furniture. I love their songs (new songs I believe)...nice melody.

Azmyl & the gang sounds good too. I enjoyed it

Oh...and not forgetting seeing Rafil's daughter singing Mutant Elephant duet with Ben. I always wanted to see such performance.

Too bad I arrived late and had to leave early
GryMlock
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

better than not being able to come at all!

sorry Rafil. I woke up with a terrible headache and got myself a little bit of temperature. Was playing in a gig in Sri Hartamas the night before. the place was quite packed and I can't believe I got pening kepala by the asap rokok!! used to be "immuned" hehe.
HuntressM00n
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

GryMlock wrote:
better than not being able to come at all!

sorry Rafil. I woke up with a terrible headache and got myself a little bit of temperature. Was playing in a gig in Sri Hartamas the night before. the place was quite packed and I can't believe I got pening kepala by the asap rokok!! used to be "immuned" hehe.

ajeep dah tua............. tulah pakcik, isap banyak rokok lagi la..
totziens
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pakcik Ajeep....drink more plain water and sleep well.

I remember that got similar symptom when I went to my first gig more than 10 years ago. I could even smell cigarette the following day even though there's no smoker in the house, my ear had the irritating buzzing sound (I was too close to the speakers during the gig) and I got a terrible headache. That's why I always stand at the end of the hall/room/shop/building when attending gigs to avoid the speakers...haha

Jump to: