back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Ceriatone Amps « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
omarjamaludin
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin
Site Admin

gi www.ceriatone.com

ada address kat situ kot..
Junction
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Junction Amps Reply with quote

Hi guys, this is Michael from Junction Audio here, first post and new member here today. Noticed my name pop up here so thought I should stick my head in.

I am releasing a couple of new amps in July, Ceriatone builds these for me, they do fantastic work, great sound, great build quality. Nik's amps are clones of the originals. What I am doing with my soon to be released 2 amps, is taking the traditional design of amps like the JTM45 and Fender Vibroverb and adding a few new features like Master Volume, Line Output, FX loop, Power Amp In, to make the amp a bit more user friendly than the originalor clone amps, for live gigs, recording and home use.

I'll post a note when the amps are ready to try and anyone will be most welcome to visit my studio to try them out. My designs really come from what the muso's and customers want so you feedback is really important.

Nik and myself are working on speaker cab's and combo cabs, hope to be bringing in Celestion speakers soon, like this month.

The difference between NIk and myself - not much really, but Nik is focused on standard clone amps and doesn't really have time to customise too much, I am focusing on coming up with a line of amps that are highly customised, they will be branded Junction. I will also become the showroom for Nik's amps if anyone want's to try them out as Nik runs his factory and doesn't have much time to deal with sales and customisation.

No secrets here and we hope to keep pricing very attractive and in comparison, will be cheaper and probably better quality than anything you could purchase from overseas.

Stay tuned Junction will be coming soon.

Regards
Michael
omarjamaludin
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin
Site Admin

hi michael ,

very nice of you to drop by!

looking forward to hear more stuff from ya...

cheers
danger3s
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh.. the future looks so bright..i can almost imagine seeing Junction/Ceriatone amps in jammin studios , BOTB, gigs etc a few years from now..can't wait!

Now all we need is some guys making clones of those vintage pedals. Yeah I know we have plenty now, but I'm talking about mass production of these pedals so we can reduce the price to the point where any starting guitarist could afford to buy them, without compromising build quality of course! Not behringer cheap aaa!!..

And yeah, guitar clones too.. hehe!
browndog2woof
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

zzz

Last edited by browndog2woof on Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
62jaguar
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sungguh aku tak paham... Laughing Laughing
forgive my noobiness..but still good info... Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
gapster
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eos wrote:
gapster wrote:
there's this other dude

making and selling amps ..called " junction"

anybody has any info on this ?

i pm Michael regarding this Junction amp and he replied this :

I use Ceriatone to assemble my amps and for "hand wired, point to point" tube amps, I believe they are the cheapest, but probably the best in the world. So my products will not be cheaper than Ceriatone.

If you want something cheaper then you will need to look a printed circuit board amps, most of the big names have cheap lines of PCB amps, which are manufactured in a machine in China or India, but please note that Tube PCB amps, whilst they will still sound great, may have reliability problems in 10 - 15 years time as PCB's generally do not last well in the hot tube environment.

Cheers
Michael

i met michael in one of the gigs in jamasia ...

stonebay was using that amp..it sounded sweet ..

hey michael , can you list an estimated price for our i-banders so that it would be easier when we do our price research and stuffs..thanks

and michael , i love the sound of the amp . but i don't really like the "wooden" design ..lol Razz do you have option on those ?

Junction
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll post some prices on Junction amps soon, when I have completed testing and they are ready for sale. Note, they will be cheaper than any equivalent or original Marshall/Fender or whatever and I will maintain that they will be better built.

The wooden finish (Nyatoh) Junction amps that you have seen on the road with Stonebay were the best I could do at the time as we have been finding it difficult to find suitable tolex style vinyl's here and then find someone who could apply it professionally to a cabinet - this is now resolved, the first runs will be black and I am now experimenting with some coloured vinyl's, so yes you should see something more standard looking.

Cheers
Michael
eos
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've got the chance to use one of the junction amps (not sure which model) last year during RTW7..too bad i was too nervous and didnt pay much attention to the sound..
Junction
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a clone of a Marshall Plexi100 Superlead ... 100W head with a 4 x 12 cabinet. Have had three of these in use on the road regularly for the last 7 months, super reliable, but probably too loud for most venues, so I do not plan to run with these as a production model, the 2 new models will be 45W, still more than plenty loud enough.

I am currently modifying one of the Plexi 100's to an Ampeg V4BH Bass Amp design, can't wait to fire this up and hopefully it will become a suitable bass amp model for production.

Michael
danger3s
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No tolex is fine with me. I've seen various heads on the net without the tolex & they look very pleasing to my eyes. Are you going to make 4x12 too ( both slant & straight ) ? You mentioned about celestions, which speaker(s) did you order? Would be great to have more options.

Anyway michael thanks for hanging out here, greatly appreciated.
danger3s
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Junction wrote:
It was a clone of a Marshall Plexi100 Superlead ... 100W head with a 4 x 12 cabinet. Have had three of these in use on the road regularly for the last 7 months, super reliable, but probably too loud for most venues, so I do not plan to run with these as a production model, the 2 new models will be 45W, still more than plenty loud enough.

I am currently modifying one of the Plexi 100's to an Ampeg V4BH Bass Amp design, can't wait to fire this up and hopefully it will become a suitable bass amp model for production.

Michael

How about making some attenuators to go with the amps ( sold separately). I've had great success using a Thd Hotplate on my 50w head. It's a passive circuit anyway so shouldn't be very hard & expensive to reproduce Smile
Junction
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making some 4x12's now for a customer, want to see how these turn out first, if all okay and there is interest, sure I can do more. I'll stick one in my showroom for anyone to check out soon. I am using Celestion Vintage 30 (60W).

Is the attenuator so you can use a high powered amp in your bedroom? This is why I am putting Master Volumes on the old clone design's, you can crank up the imput gain, get the amp singing with a nice fat tube sound and wind down the Master so you don't blow your windows out. Or is the attenuator for getting a line out split for the PA, this is why I am putting Line Outs on my amps, this is a resistive split off the output transformer, effectively in parallel with the speaker which gives you the full tube amp sound including the sound of the output transformer.

Let me know if there is some other reason you want an attenuator?

Michael
browndog2woof
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

zzz

Last edited by browndog2woof on Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
danger3s
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah using an attenuator with a MV amps is pretty much redundant. Although that'd be a nice addition to your line of products. One of the nice feature of Hotplate is the ability to act as dummy load without connecting to your speaker. Come in pretty handy when you doing repair jobs, biasing etc.

Other things that it does is bright & deep switch to compensate for your speaker's inadequacies and built-in noise reduction - something you don't have in MV amps. Cranking up power tubes = higher floor noise.

I've not tried power brake before but people who did claimed hotplate is better i.e less tone sucking.

Michael does adding master volume alters the original sound in any way? At normal gig level I mean, as playing at bedroom level vs gig level for sure will sound difference because the lack of volume to drive the cabs.

Thanks

Jump to: