back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Peavey Stereo Chorus 212 Amp « View previous topic :: View next topic »
Author Message
rookie_star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Peavey Stereo Chorus 212 Amp Reply with quote

Joined: 28 Jun 2007
Location: PJ

Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie here. Have you tried a Peavey stereo chorus 212 amp before? How it sounds like? Pls give some opinion. Sorry if someone already posted a same topic like this b4.
_________________
Cool, bro
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Bode
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 03 Feb 2004

It all depends on your personal taste on what is a 'good' guitar sound.
As for me, I love that amp. The tone, even without the chorus is to my liking.
To be frank, I've never played a Peavey amp that I dont like.

At the same time, some people just hates Peaveys.

The best is to try, and you decide.

But when it comes to reliability, yes, Peavey equipment pretty much can take the bashing and abuse and still function admirably Smile

My Peavey Profex II pre-amp/efx has been used since 1992 for gigs and countless sessions...it still rocks and still my pre-amp of choice until now. Smile
Back to top
deadzid
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

aku rasa aku pernah pakai amp ni sekali je... masa show kat seremban baru ni... volume tak payah blast sangat, takat level 2.5 pon dah kuat mcm haram! hahahaha... plus sound dia matching dgn setting Zoom G2.1u aku ni.. (as a matter of fact, setting zoom aku ni match dgn mana2 amp Peavey)..

you can't go wrong with Peavey! stay away from Laney!! Twisted Evil
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
omarjamaludin
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: 18 Feb 2004
Location: Tmn Melawati

rookie star..i like your avatar..

quagmire is the shit..ohh ohh ohhh haha
_________________
my photoblog - http://sigemok.blogspot.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cartman, eric
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 05 Jan 2006

omarjamaludin wrote:
rookie star..i like your avatar..

quagmire is the shit..ohh ohh ohhh haha

heheh...no one gets too old for cartoons... Razz
_________________
"Jean Claude Van Damme is back. In the same crap you've seen over and over, and over again"
Pablo Franscisco stand up routine
Back to top
omarjamaludin
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: 18 Feb 2004
Location: Tmn Melawati

giggity giggity giggity!
_________________
my photoblog - http://sigemok.blogspot.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dufresne
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 14 Dec 2005

Bode wrote:
But when it comes to reliability, yes, Peavey equipment pretty much can take the bashing and abuse and still function admirably Smile

I 2nd that. I know some jamming studios, rental companies that still use early 90s Peavey stuff. Giler babi reliable. I rarely hear stories bout Peavey stuff breaking down. Ive been to gigs where the Peavey amp actually out-perform the competitor, in terms of realibility of course. But yeah, theyre great stuff...

Bode wrote:
My Peavey Profex II pre-amp/efx has been used since 1992 for gigs and countless sessions...it still rocks and still my pre-amp of choice until now. Smile

'Until now'? Smile
Nak upgrade ni... Twisted Evil

Cheers... Cool
_________________
My Band

My Rig
Back to top
Bode
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 03 Feb 2004

deadzid wrote:
stay away from Laney!! Twisted Evil

Correction...Stay away from Laney Hardcore! Very Happy
Back to top
Bode
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 03 Feb 2004

Dufresne wrote:
Bode wrote:
My Peavey Profex II pre-amp/efx has been used since 1992 for gigs and countless sessions...it still rocks and still my pre-amp of choice until now. Smile

'Until now'? Smile
Nak upgrade ni... Twisted Evil

Cheers... Cool

Yep...still Smile
Some units never grow old...just like your MP-1 Smile (tak nak jual ker? Razz )

When I bought the Peavey Profex, 'amp/cab modelling' was still a very new concept which has not been started by the manufacturers yet, and people are still not familiar with the concept of one unit mimicking different popular amps (perhaps the first Sansamp was a product which started the ball rolling at that time).

Way before there was Line 6 etc., in the late 80's/early 90's, I was already thinking that it would be cool if I can find one box which can simulate all my favourite amps. So what I did was went through many programmable pre-amps and chose the Peavex Profex II which I find amongst the most flexible at that time(and it suits my budget as a student too).

Unfortunately, I hated the presets, so I figured that I got to program the thing myself. Hours, days and months were spent trying out my favourite amps(5150, Soldano, Boogie, The Twin etc.) and I meticulously programmed all my favourite sounds in the Profex. I could have easily got a job programming for Line 6 if I were to let them listen to my own programs! Lol!

About 5 years later, then, the modelling thing slowly caught on and suddenly everybody embraced that this concept, while not giving you an exact replica of the real thing, does give you a lot of flexibility, versatility, ease of use and value for money. By then, to me, this was all old news Smile

I remembered when I was buying the Peavey Profex, I sold all my 6-7 pedals...except the DS-1 and my DOD pre-amp. Thank God I didnt...because now I'm back to using just one pedal straight to the amp Smile
Back to top
keysersoze
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

Joined: 21 Aug 2006

yeah.. peavey ruless!! esp. peavey transtube model..great mids.. fat tone..
Back to top
deadzid
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

Bode wrote:
deadzid wrote:
stay away from Laney!! Twisted Evil

Correction...Stay away from Laney Hardcore! Very Happy

oops.. sorry... yeah, i mean Laney Hardcore la kot..
model yg baru2 ni mmg mcm hampagas....
old school still rocks!
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
ultraman_cosmo
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Location: Mines resort city

deadzid wrote:
Bode wrote:
deadzid wrote:
stay away from Laney!! Twisted Evil

Correction...Stay away from Laney Hardcore! Very Happy

oops.. sorry... yeah, i mean Laney Hardcore la kot..
model yg baru2 ni mmg mcm hampagas....
old school still rocks!

Sebagai pemilik laney harcore, aku bersetuju.
Dan sekarang amp tu dijadikan external speaker cabinet utk head... hahhaha.
- sungguh kejam aku ini.
_________________
Maiden, loudness, ACDC, black sabath, deep purple, jimmi and vinnie moore

And Now all jazz.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rookie_star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 28 Jun 2007
Location: PJ

TQ for the info bros. Actually, my colleague wanted to sell this amp for rm400 to me. Aku baru je try amp ni, pada aku sound dia best (byk knob,byk i/o jack-pening pala aku hehe). Maklum la selama ni aku guna amp kecik 10w jerk. Tapi yg potong stimnya, sebijik speaker dah koyak (asalnya ada 2 speaker) dan footswitch dah hilang. So, berbaloi tak kalo aku beli lepas tu aku replace speaker yg dah koyak tu?
_________________
Cool, bro
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
rookie_star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 28 Jun 2007
Location: PJ

cartman, eric wrote:
omarjamaludin wrote:
rookie star..i like your avatar..

quagmire is the shit..ohh ohh ohhh haha

heheh...no one gets too old for cartoons... Razz

hehehe sometimes they can make you happy
even my late grandfather also like to watch popeye d sailorman hehehe
_________________
Cool, bro
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
rookie_star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 28 Jun 2007
Location: PJ

omarjamaludin wrote:
rookie star..i like your avatar..

quagmire is the shit..ohh ohh ohhh haha

TQ, but your dancing nigger still wins
_________________
Cool, bro
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2  Next Page 1 of 2

Jump to:

You cannot vote in polls in this forum

DAJ Glass template by Dustin Baccetti
EQ graphic based off of a design from www.freeclipart.nu