back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Addictive Drum kawin dgn EZDrummer « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Deck
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Addictive Drum kawin dgn EZDrummer Reply with quote

Umm,ni aku try mix kan dua drum sampler yg berbeza.aku guna snare
Addictive Drum dan yg lain guna EZDrummer.

Sbb bg aku,snare utk EZD susah utk di setup.(xsedap)

Lagu ni bukan lagu aku,cuma nak try mix 2 drum sampler ni. Laughing

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/2/16/783719/EZ_mix_AD.mp3
Ridzi
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susah nak setup bunyi snare? I think it's easier lah now that the channels have been preset for you. It;s also easier to seperate the channels so you can add seperate post-efx on each drum seperately. Therefore I almost don't need any compression on the snare. Dulu I used to compress the f**k out of the snare Laughing So now the dynamics can breath better now.

Dulu masa pakai Battery lagi susah, you have to find the right mix between the room and the close mics, but in EzD bukan saja ade room mics tapi the snare ada top mic and bottom mic. Which gives me more control over the snare sound.

Hahaha just heard the song you mixed with AD, the cymbals sound dead - macam cut-off dia too early, the snare sounds good...tapi the overall mix of the tune sounds really thin (sorry) imho.

Ni cover lagu Yellowcard ni kan?

/ridzi
okta
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

ni ko cuba mix drum ker overall?
Ridzi
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tapi Deck, I am really preplexed - out of the thousands of EzD users, you are the first one to say sound dia tak sedap.

Haven't you noticed that you can change the type of snare you use?

Out of curiosity, which kit were you using??

Apart from the standard kit, I have the Nashville kit, the Vintage Rock kit and the DFH kit. For metal - the DFH kit is my kit of choice. The Nashville sounds pretty sweet for modern Rock applications.

/ridzi
omarjamaludin
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin
Site Admin

bile lah aku dapat merasa dfh kit ni ...heheh

ridzi ooo ridzi..
Ridzi
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sabar bang sabar...hehehehe ....
Deck
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tapi Deck, I am really preplexed - out of the thousands of EzD users, you are the first one to say sound dia tak sedap.

Haven't you noticed that you can change the type of snare you use?

Out of curiosity, which kit were you using??

Apart from the standard kit, I have the Nashville kit, the Vintage Rock kit and the DFH kit. For metal - the DFH kit is my kit of choice. The Nashville sounds pretty sweet for modern Rock applications.

No,aku org kedua. Org 1st yg ckp xsedap adalah ery Very Happy .Owh sorry..i mean yg xsedap tuh, bila susah nak setting snare dr segi compress and eq.Walaupon EZD adlah bunyi yg dah diproses, tp still need some setting. Bg aku, cuma EZD aje. Mase mula2 pakai ezd,mmg sedap je dgr.Tapi lama2, raser kureng. Sume snare aku dah try (slingerland & piccolo).

Expansion yg lain sume ok,aku suka especially Ezx DFH.

Kt bwh ni 2 clip yg aku dah mix dgn EZD + expansion

testmix_ulek - 2006
(Ant clip aku yg terawal guna Ezx)
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/2/16/783719/modern_rock_ulik.mp3

Art_mix3 - 2007
(lgu aku yg ni dah post sblm ni.Guna Ezx DFH)
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/2/16/783719/Art_mix3.mp3

Fortuna - 2006
(guitar by Wan Freqzz, aku guna Vintage Rock)
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/2/16/783719/Vintage_mix.mp3

Believe - 2006
(lagu ni aku cut dari page toontrack(Mama Production).diorang guna EZD.Snare camnilah yg aku nak, tp xdpt buat.5 Star!Hahahaha.)
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/2/16/783719/EZD_Believe.mp3

So,ridzi, u have more exp about EQ and Compression technique.Maybe u can do something different sound from EZD. Evil or Very Mad
Ridzi
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmnn i listened to your tracks and the last one... the last one Believe (yang ko kata ko nak tu) Sounds like it has more bottom, and sounds like the snare has been detuned a bit.. I also think there's a volume envelope on that snare to cut out the 'ring' to make it sound more tight.

On Ulik, sounds like the other instruments - esp the guitars were masking your snare..your snare got buried in the mix.

on Art Mix.. the mixing was better. I can hear the ring from the snare, I am guessing you compressed it a bit, kan?

I'll have a play with EzX - when i manage to emulate that sound you like, I'll post it here for you...

/ridzi
Ridzi
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, I didn't like the Vintage track - the drums didn't suit the other instruments - sounded really out of place.
Jeff
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

my 2 cents;

i dont know how to program drums and never did figure out how to write midi, been working with samples from live plays, just mixed and matched from there. Anyway i tried ezdrummer a couple of months ago (nak belajar drum sequencing la konon) which i gave up after a couple of hours..hehe...but one thing i caught on was EZDs sonic signature and noticed it immediately when other ppl used it (probably the room mic and oh settings make it much too distinct.) so i think without a lot of fiddling around and post-processing, it tends to have a very generic sound to it. Also the 'crispiness' of the snare just sounded too polished for me...but i havent tried the other modules but i have heard them and i cant say im all that impressed.

So yes. I agree with encik deck sini (lets start a club).
Anyway, ridzi u already have a killer signature sound with ur previous DFH drums setup. Urs and teohs drums have the best sounds and i'd be kidding u if i say nobody used ur stuff as a reference guide for good sounding drums here Smile ...dude it aint broken.
Ridzi
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have to be in agreeance with you Jeff, because every single tom dick and harry is using EZD DFH, it does sound generic now...Laughing I havent had the chance to start tweaking the sound exactly to my specification yet.

But rest assured that signature sound that you mentioned will make it's way back after i actually finish sketching everything. No point wasting time while the creative juices are flowing Very Happy

peace!
/ridzi
Deck
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hmnn i listened to your tracks and the last one... the last one Believe (yang ko kata ko nak tu) Sounds like it has more bottom, and sounds like the snare has been detuned a bit.. I also think there's a volume envelope on that snare to cut out the 'ring' to make it sound more tight.

On Ulik, sounds like the other instruments - esp the guitars were masking your snare..your snare got buried in the mix.

on Art Mix.. the mixing was better. I can hear the ring from the snare, I am guessing you compressed it a bit, kan?

I'll have a play with EzX - when i manage to emulate that sound you like, I'll post it here for you...

By the way, I didn't like the Vintage track - the drums didn't suit the other instruments - sounded really out of place.

/ridzi

Umm..Vintage track mgkin sbb org bg kt aku sound guitar yg dah letak efek.so,mmg susah nak blend.mmg go to hell.Tp utk vintage ni, org ckp sesuai bila sound guitar cut around 300 ke 500. xpenah cuba lg.

Utk Art Mix, aku mmg ada compress , tp kt channel room jer. Snare aku cut 100.

Byk lg kekurangan. Honestly,utk compressing, attack, & EQ,aku ada gak cedok dr article ko (DFH) sblm ni selain dr sumber2 lain. So aku manipulatekan sket dgn EZX ni.Dgr sedap je,bantai ah.. Laughing

Suggest ko pakai DFH Superior or Superior 2.0. Sesuai utk level ko yg dah tahap dewa lol.hehehe.

Anyway,thanks 4 ur review.
Deck
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo bro Jeff

Jom blajar ketok drum guna mouse sama2. Very Happy
Jeff
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

aku dah buat cam ni skang, biar drummer main, record pakai midi trigger, pas tu aku ganti balik snare/pedal pakai drummergog...lagi senang kerje..ko record drums hancur camne pun bleh safe gak.

EXAMPLE #1

Mixdown (3).mp3

I moved the drums forward abit so u get a clearer sound. Dah record everything kecuali vocals, and belum lagi hantar mixing.
We worked in producing a sound till we got it right, mainly based on our drummers main influences, Danny Carrey, Abe Cunningham and matt cameron, so theres a shit load of processing behind it.

ps. a subwoofer is precious when trying to find the right kick sound/balance. Found that out when listening to White Pony and how his kick had a lot subsonics to it. A bit unorthodox but it helps alot. We're just gonna let the sound engineer clean up on any harmonic buildups cos like ridzi said

"No point wasting time while the creative juices are flowing"

right on man.
GryMlock
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeff : aku pun buat camtu.

lemak jek jadik sound kick, snare sume hehe. dynamics pun cun.

but kalau drummer tempo lari. penat sial nak betulkan.

Jump to: