back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

What's Up? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
totziens
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: What's Up? Reply with quote

It has been ages since I last login into this forum. I have declared myself retirement from the scene but I still love music - I remember telling Joe Kidd that it would happen in a matter of time and it came true Smile

Honestly, I have been checking out Scandinavian, British and American artistes mostly these days. I have lost track of what's going on in local scene.

Recently, I have talked with some friends (a member of this forum and former DJ) about doing podcasting. My interest in local music scene has slowly returned again...but it's really slow. The actual reason is I have not come across anything local that I can "fall in love" with (referring to the same way I felt when I found Ben's Bitches, A Mantle The Sea, Kluk Kluk Adventure...many years ago via i-bands).

If anyone could help to kick start my interest by suggesting any great local bands and let me know what has been going on for the last 12-24 months in the scene, it will be helpful.

By the way, these are some of the bands I have been listening lately. Perhaps it will give you an idea of how to kick start my interest Smile

The View
Ida Maria
Stiff Little Fingers
Cansei De Ser Sexy (CSS)
Metric
Nightwish
Santogold
Mazzy Star
Babyshambles
The Automatic
The Wannadies
Ladyhawke
Big Star
Peter Bjorn and John
Mgmt
New York Dolls
The Kooks
The Kills
Undertones

Ajeep, I have things to discuss with you one of these days if my friends have not talked to you yet. Shout if I forget Smile

Thanks in advance.
omarjamaludin
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin
Site Admin

CSS is quite a party band..from brazil kan

good to hear back from you totziens it has been a while

do hangout more often la we can go for teh tarik session or something

just had one last Tuesday about 15ppl came

i was in UK for two years (just got back last month) so i had abit share of exposure to UK music scene, very much indie oriented there - abit too much i'd say he he

some of the bands i've listened to over there - lightspeed champion , pigeon detectives , the enemy , kaiser chiefs etc

locally i've not heard anything much cos i've just got here so can't comment much yet but if you listen to xfresh there's plenty of bands there

ya where is KKA? bring 'em back!
totziens
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there...nice to see you again here. Smile I wonder where are the rest of the old timers. Mana budak nakal Huzai??? Hahaha...

I like Pigeon Detectives too. Smile

Yes, CSS is a Brazilian band...yeah, dance/new wave with punk influenced here and there if you listen carefully....I think there's a trend for new wave stuff in Europe now especially...don't you think so, Omar? I was into 80s new wave stuff decades ago...I really don't mind it Smile Actually there are quite a number of new wave/dance bands in my list Smile

Jump to: