back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2  Next
 My First Swirl!!! « View previous topic :: View next topic »
Author Message
Ridzi
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: My First Swirl!!! Reply with quote

Joined: 06 Feb 2004
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

This is my very first attempt to swirl a guitar!!! Very Happy I am addicted!! gonna do it again!!!

Here is a video of me doing it!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq2yPPpzS8Q

Back to top
omarjamaludin
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: 18 Feb 2004
Location: Tmn Melawati

interesting..pakai cat apa tu? pastu kena sand down eh?
_________________
my photoblog - http://sigemok.blogspot.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Master-IB
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 30 Dec 2007

waaa..cool.. Surprised syanteks nih sok nih..hehe
_________________
~Emppu Vuorinen \m/
Back to top
deadzid
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

wow! gitar mana yg ko korban kan tu??

anyway, aku rasa yg belakang lagi cun dari depan...
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
ultraman_cosmo
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Location: Mines resort city

Ganas beb ganas... hehheheheh.
- well done bro... hahahah
_________________
Maiden, loudness, ACDC, black sabath, deep purple, jimmi and vinnie moore

And Now all jazz.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
IZZI
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 11 Dec 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Amboi.. bukan main lagi skrg ni.
Good job bro!

p/s: tgk lantai mcm bukan kat cempaka tu..
_________________
Gelanggang guitar : http://guitarden.starahead.com
Back to top
IZZI
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 11 Dec 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Amboi.. bukan main lagi skrg ni.
Good job bro!

p/s: tgk lantai mcm bukan kat cempaka tu..
_________________
Gelanggang guitar : http://guitarden.starahead.com
Back to top
T|melessness
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 06 Jan 2009
Location: Kuala Lumpur

waaaa manyak handal wooooo..ehhe..
_________________
Conklin GTG-7T
Conklin GTG-7F custom
EVH Wolfgang Special
Kramer Vanguard USA
Fender Heartfield Talon III
Fender Stratocaster

www.myspace.com/cynica
www.myspace.com/conklinguitars
www.conklinguitars.com
Back to top
Ridzi
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 06 Feb 2004
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I actually used an oil-based paint... any gloss paint will do, you can also use acrylic paints to do this.. but you have to mix the water witha chemical called Borax...which actually reduces the surface tension of the water...helping the paint to spread...if not then the paint will just clump and sink to the bottom..

I have learnt quite a bit from doing this... amongst them are, next time I will use a bigger tub to hold the water...so I can "control" the dip, use more paint and swirl on a cool day as the heat will actually dry the paint on the water - causing it to 'skin'..

Omar, - no you cannot sand this after this stage...you have to let it dry, spray the clear coat then wet sand the surface which I havent done yet. So basically the things that are left to do is to clearcoat it with lacquer, wet sand it (1000 - 1500 to 2000 grit) then compound it and then the final stage is to polish it to get that "professional" gloss look you see in the shops Smile
Back to top
Master-IB
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 30 Dec 2007

camtu rupanya...

nak buat kat gitar kapok aku la nanti.. Rolling Eyes

tak sabar nak tgk yg dah lacquer...
_________________
~Emppu Vuorinen \m/
Back to top
ultraman_cosmo
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Location: Mines resort city

Master-IB wrote:
camtu rupanya...

nak buat kat gitar kapok aku la nanti.. Rolling Eyes
u...
tak sabar nak tgk yg dah lacquer...

kapok ne pakai plywood, pas tu pakai gam kayu.
- karang sekali ko celup dala air.
- ambik engko berkecai satu satu.
- keadah ne sesuai utk solid body guitar
_________________
Maiden, loudness, ACDC, black sabath, deep purple, jimmi and vinnie moore

And Now all jazz.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Master-IB
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 30 Dec 2007

wakaka..sengalnya patik.. Laughing

bukan gam kayu waterpruf ke? takpola sok kot tebarai lak kapok patik..menung je la besok..

kena carik solid body gak la dulu..
_________________
~Emppu Vuorinen \m/
Back to top
sorcerer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 05 Sep 2005

waa... lawor..lawor... well done bro...

aku nak buat kat motor kapcai aku laa.. ahaks
_________________
My Sight & Sound @ Soundclick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Ridzi
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorcerer wrote:
waa... lawor..lawor... well done bro...

aku nak buat kat motor kapcai aku laa.. ahaks

Ahahahah buat bro...jangan tak buat.... besar bekas untuk celup moto tu ahahahahahaha... Very Happy
Back to top
Ridzi
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IZZI wrote:
Amboi.. bukan main lagi skrg ni.
Good job bro!

p/s: tgk lantai mcm bukan kat cempaka tu..

thanks bro...hehhee aku buat kat umah mak aku kat Seremban daaaa...
Back to top
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2  Next Page 1 of 2

Jump to:

You cannot vote in polls in this forum

DAJ Glass template by Dustin Baccetti
EQ graphic based off of a design from www.freeclipart.nu