back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Nirvana Box Set,Interested? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
negativecreep
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:24 am    Post subject: Nirvana Box Set,Interested? Reply with quote

Just wanna know anyone here interested with this box set and some unheard Nirvana songs and videos footage.Im not gonna buy it cos its too expensive..gonna download it and get some bootlegs..Smile

Discuss
Stompboxes: Pedaltank Power Supply // Joyo Ultimate Octave Fuzz // EHX Graphic Fuzz XO // Om Labs Sahasrara Overdrive // Empress Superdelay // Lazer Delay // Dan Electro Reel Echo // Boss RE-20 Space Echo // EHX Memory Boy // EHX Cathedral Reverb // Korg Pitchblack

Pedalboard: Pedaltrain 2 Hard Case

Guitar: Fender Jaguar Candy Apple Red MIJ

Amp: Fender Twin Reverb Silverface 70's // Vox AC30VR
land-i
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure sign of old age catching up is seeing all the bands i love releasing greatest hits and boxed sets. while i'm really excited to get my hands on the nirvana boxed set, i'm also feeling kind of sad. it's like buying confirmation that i'm at the twilight of my youth. i used to remember how when i was younger, seeing all these boxed sets and greatest hits made me think "wow ... all these bands have managed to do a lot and their fans must be pretty damn old." here I am not in 2004 with those thoughts haunting me. anyway, i'm glad the damn boxed set is finally coming out. courtney love spent too much time fighting with dave and kris and keeping this stuff locked in some recording vault somewhere.
negativecreep
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm,i downloaded few songs from the box set..the box is kinda dissapointing actually,there were like only bout 10 songs in the box set thats die hard nirvana fans never heard...other all had beeen bootleged long time ago.

Old Age
this is the song everyone's looking for long time ago..but it turned out to be the most dissapointing song in the box,the song is not in a proper recoding,its just roughly recorded..you can only hear kurt mumbles in the whole song,i assume kurt dont have the proper lyrics during they record the song..

other highlights of the box
Verse Chorus Verse (great)
Mrs Butterworth (the best song in the box in my opinion)
Token Eastern Song (bootleged version is better than this one)
Do Re Mi (another great one)
Clean Up Before She Comes (another great one)

looking for the dvd now..
Stompboxes: Pedaltank Power Supply // Joyo Ultimate Octave Fuzz // EHX Graphic Fuzz XO // Om Labs Sahasrara Overdrive // Empress Superdelay // Lazer Delay // Dan Electro Reel Echo // Boss RE-20 Space Echo // EHX Memory Boy // EHX Cathedral Reverb // Korg Pitchblack

Pedalboard: Pedaltrain 2 Hard Case

Guitar: Fender Jaguar Candy Apple Red MIJ

Amp: Fender Twin Reverb Silverface 70's // Vox AC30VR
LOFX
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ini barang mmg kena kasi beli la!!! Very Happy Very Happy
totziens
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, box sets make me feel old too. In the late 80s and early 90s I remember seeing all these box sets of some oldies (i.e. Elvis) and thought they're only for old people.

Now, I have started to see my old fav. bands appearing in box sets i.e. Nirvana & The Cure. I guess my age is catching up too.

I've been thinking of getting this box set for a long time regardless whether it's good or not (I was a big fan of Nirvana) but due to the price I have been postponing it.
mrbungle
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a must!!... it's in our era...i mean my age...
i'm not a big fan of nirvana,but it's remainds me of my teenage/schooldays life...
i was in subang parade that time when a friend told me that kurt died yesterday...i was shocked...
totziens
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still remember the day I bought Nirvana's first major label album, Nevermind. It was introduced to me by a friend who studied in Singapore and I also heard the band in BBC earlier. I bought the cassette at Victoria Records at Bkt Bintang Plaza and listening to it using a walkman on an old Len Seng bus on the way to Tmn. Melawati. On the way, I met a friend who listened to Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Poison, etc. When he asked what I was listening to, I let him listened to my newly discovered band. He asked "What band is it?" after listening to it. I answered "Nirvana...do you like it?". He said "It's horrible. No idea what sort of music is that". In my mind, I was cursing, "You know shit about rock music".

Years later, one day....I was listening to the radio (I think it's THR) wondering why the radio station kept playing Smell Like Teen Spirit from morning till afternoon. I was very curious and suspicious because every deejay played the same song including those deejays who rarely play alternative music with the exclusion of Fly Guy & Kamil Othman.

By the time I read the newspaper only I realised Kurt was dead. Once again, in my mind I was cursing the deejays, "When someone is alive, they won't play the artist's songs. Only when the artist is dead, they want to play them. To hell with those deejays!"

Those are my memories about the beginning and the end of Nirvana.....
mrbungle
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

totziens wrote:
I still remember the day I bought Nirvana's first major label album, Nevermind. It was introduced to me by a friend who studied in Singapore and I also heard the band in BBC earlier. I bought the cassette at Victoria Records at Bkt Bintang Plaza and listening to it using a walkman on an old Len Seng bus on the way to Tmn. Melawati. On the way, I met a friend who listened to Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Poison, etc. When he asked what I was listening to, I let him listened to my newly discovered band. He asked "What band is it?" after listening to it. I answered "Nirvana...do you like it?". He said "It's horrible. No idea what sort of music is that". In my mind, I was cursing, "You know shit about rock music".

Years later, one day....I was listening to the radio (I think it's THR) wondering why the radio station kept playing Smell Like Teen Spirit from morning till afternoon. I was very curious and suspicious because every deejay played the same song including those deejays who rarely play alternative music with the exclusion of Fly Guy & Kamil Othman.

By the time I read the newspaper only I realised Kurt was dead. Once again, in my mind I was cursing the deejays, "When someone is alive, they won't play the artist's songs. Only when the artist is dead, they want to play them. To hell with those deejays!"

Those are my memories about the beginning and the end of Nirvana.....

hehehhehe.. i am one of the guys who is listening to def/poison/bon jovi....those days... hahahhaha...
totziens
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually there's nothing wrong with Def Leppard, Poison, etc...I love them before too and still admire them. I also liked Madonna, Michael Jackson, Cyndi Lauper, Duran Duran...etc decades ago.....Smile

I guess during those days, I have moved on to indie/alternative and even techno scene (I have to admit I used to love techno during their early days). Wherelse, my "poison friend" was still sticking to the more commercial metal scene (This guy could not even stand Metallica, Anthrax, Sepultura, Nuclear Assault, etc).

Actually, nothing's wrong with that. It's individual's taste. It's my personal bad habit that I love to curse in my mind...haha

Jump to: