back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Zhamzury Yusof « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Bode
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Zhamzury Yusof Reply with quote

This guy is not only a great guitar player, but a great wholesome musician as well. Love his songs and arrangement. Impressive musical maturity.
Lotsa guitar players are fast and technical(but lack finesse), but taking Zhamzury's guitar playing alone, it shows dynamics, choice of notes and CONTROL which is usually only existent in seasoned players.

http://www.i-bands.net/audiovault/bands/2870/music.php

Zhamzury...do you know a dude called Azmil, who once studied Law in Sheffield? If you do, then I've probably arranged and recorded a song which was penned by you. But the song wasnt uploaded because I couldnt track down the songwriter in order to ask for his permission.
omarjamaludin
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin
Site Admin

add a damn cun vocal to his guitar playing too.. jgn kembang yusop! hehe
yusof
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: What a surprise, MY IBANEZ GIO is smiling! Reply with quote

oh man! you are that BAND he played with in England? I actually watched a video of you guys playing "JUMP" Van Halen LIVE! you guys ROCKED DA HOUSE! but his drumming was always getting faster and faster in that song!haha, can u imagine how fast your SOLO was?faster than EDDIE my man!

but look at you now?Successful Dr, Husband and Father and with that extra bonus, an outstading guitarist/piano/keyboardist and help me out if i missed something out here!

Sure I remember that song, I was in Form 5 and had to write a song for a famous sajak "Merpati Putih", then Azmil used it and put "KARTINA" for his ex GF!wuhuuu! I heard that recording, I can still remember that E-PIANO sound, delicious...or did you reproduce it?

How can you still remember this? must have been 10 years ago by now?

Hey, thank you so much for your review, it was a big surprise! did somebody from somewhere...pointed out my link to you?hehe

Cheers mate and hope to see you in Malaysia soon.
GryMlock
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phuh.. pusing2.. kengkawan jugak eh. small world!
i think i-bands ni boleh jadi forum jejak kasih for musicians Very Happy
omarjamaludin
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin
Site Admin

betul tu kan ajeep..sama lah mcm kes kita..dulu si ajeep ni tak suka kat aku Razz lepas jumpa di i-bands baru terjalin persahabatan yg terbaru dan erat..

hehe kidding je
GryMlock
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh mana ada tak suka. dulu aku menyampah kat ko la hahah Razz dah la omar.. yg lepas biarkan lepas eh eh? Laughing
omarjamaludin
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin
Site Admin

GryMlock wrote:
eh mana ada tak suka. dulu aku menyampah kat ko la hahah Razz dah la omar.. yg lepas biarkan lepas eh eh? Laughing

hehe alah takper aku rela..aku tau dulu aku hensem so kau jeles skit..tapi skrang aku dah botak and dah kurang skit hensem..so we baldies gotta stick with each other yo? yknowwatimean? (slang nigga)

hehe..apa aku melalut 2.30 pagi hari isnin nih.. aku nak tido!
Erylasia
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

yay,, yusof,, nice song,,
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pali
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow.. betul cakap bode. this guy's song really shows enought maturity and clarity. the groove and mood really kicks into ya while hearing it.

bravo man!
Bode
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: What a surprise, MY IBANEZ GIO is smiling! Reply with quote

So...it IS you!!! Dunno...just putting two and two together from the bits of info I got from Azmil in the past: Zhamzury...great all-round musician...'sama kepala'...so, when I first saw your page and listened to ur music, I thought....hmm....this could be the guy! Smile
I first saw your name on the new upload column, and for some funny reason, I thought it was you...(use the FORCE Luke...)...

yusof wrote:
oh man! you are that BAND he played with in England? I actually watched a video of you guys playing "JUMP" Van Halen LIVE! you guys ROCKED DA HOUSE! but his drumming was always getting faster and faster in that song!haha, can u imagine how fast your SOLO was?faster than EDDIE my man!

I was so furious with him for playing too fast! Felt like it was almost 2x the original tempo! Lol! Laughing

yusof wrote:

Sure I remember that song, I was in Form 5 and had to write a song for a famous sajak "Merpati Putih", then Azmil used it and put "KARTINA" for his ex GF!wuhuuu! I heard that recording, I can still remember that E-PIANO sound, delicious...or did you reproduce it?

The first time I heard the song, it was more in the rock ballad vibe, but I changed it to...err...TOTO...Lol! Laughing The e-piano sound was my own program and version of that ubiquitous 80's DX7 Rhodes Smile
I've always wanted to personally seek your permission for butchering up the song, but Azmil never got the chance to give me your contact details(and you were always overseas anyway!). Anyway, whenever I distribute the song on tapes(yeah man...tapes...that was the 90's!), I've always put your's and Azmil's name as the writer/lyricist, and I never put my name in the credits at all, because all I did was just re-arranged and produced the song.
Hey...you should re-produce the song, sing and play guitar on it and rename it with YOUR GF's name! It's YOUR song! Laughing

Last edited by Bode on Wed May 03, 2006 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
yusof
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GryMlock wrote:
phuh.. pusing2.. kengkawan jugak eh. small world!
i think i-bands ni boleh jadi forum jejak kasih for musicians Very Happy

BODE "the force is strong with you!"
i think ajeep made a really good suggestion up there!!! the world is getting smaller and smaller dont you think?

what a nice story to hear about that song! travelling far away from Malaysia and back. Going through different cosmetic changes, styles and even lyrics.

Thank you BODE and everyone in this thread. Thank you.
MY-MIC
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salam Bode & i-banders,

just updating my music blog
www.popfolio.net/zham

Love Music, Love Life!

MY-MIC Team
Zhamzury Yusof
One Take...One Mic...MY-MIC
MY-MIC
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salam & Wassup!